Jenny Ruhl's books include full-length books that are available in both paperback and e-book versions and Short Reads, which are brief e-books designed for people who don't have time to read a full-length book but need immediate help with problem solving. These books make fine gifts for friends and family who need help with their blood sugar control or diet.
Discover the Book Version of this Site
Over the years the amount of information displayed on these web pages has grown to where it has become very difficult to read it all online. That's why, back in 2008, we transformed it into a full length book.
Readers loved it and that book, Blood Sugar 101, rose to the top of Amazon's Diabetes bestseller list where it remained for years.
Eight years later we have brought that book fully up-to-date, completely rewriting it and adding a lot of new research-backed information. This second edition is 40 pages longer and includes research current as of December, 2015.
This new content includes several sections addressing the most common topics, not covered in the old edition, which people have emailed us about over the last 3 years since we provided a minor update to the text. Even with so much more information in it, we have worked very hard to keep the book clear and accessible to readers who are looking for simply explained, actionable advice.
Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes, 2nd EditionBlood Sugar 101, distills the mass of information stored on the Bloodsugar101.com Web site into a 238 page book and Kindle download.
It draws on the findings of peer reviewed research and the shared Wisdom of the Web to teach you:
• How normal blood sugar works.
• What happens as blood sugar control deteriorates.
• What blood sugar levels cause complications.
• How you can you prevent complications.
• How to learn which diet is right for you.
• What drugs are safe.
• What supplements work.
• How to determine if you have a good doctor.
View the full cover HERE
View the first 15 pages, including the table of contents HERE
Dr. Richard K. Bernstein, author of the bestseller, Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution writes, "Thanks for sending me a copy of BLOOD SUGAR 101. I enjoyed it very much and actually learned a lot of important facts. I was impressed by your ability to scour the scientific literature and document your findings. I think this book should be read by all diabetics because of the valuable material that cannot be found elsewhere."
Blood Sugar 101 is stocked by many online stores including:Amazon: Paperback
Barnes and Noble Paperback
bookdepository.com: Paperback. Free Shipping World Wide
Diet 101: The Truth About Low Carb Diets
No hype. No promises of miracle weight loss. No baloney about how easy it is to lose weight on the low carb diet. Jenny Ruhl's new book, Diet 101: The Truth About Low Carb Diets takes a long, hard look at how low carb diets really work and tackles the issues the bestsellers glide over.
Drawing on careful analysis of high quality peer-reviewed research Jenny explains:
Jenny also shares with you insights gained from years of interacting with successful low carb dieters online including some very useful tips gleaned from polls and surveys she's run throughout the past decade.
- What exactly happens in your body when you cut carbs.
- How much weight you can expect to lose and how much of your low carb weight loss is attributable to lost water. (Hint: Some little known research suggests it's more than you think.)
- The facts about how low carb diets compared to others in the large studies you heard about in the media and why they uncovered some serious problems with low carb diets you need to be aware of if you are not going to damage your health.
- How to manage the inevitable problems most low carb dieters run into.
- How to break stalls, and when breaking a stall might be a bad mistake.
- The best way to maintain weight losses achieved on low carb diets.
There's a wealth of information in this book, unlike most diet books "made for TV" which feature one two simplistic ideas padded out with pages of recipes.
This book will be helpful for you if you have tried eating low carb diets in the past and failed, or if you are sticking to one now but have lost your enthusiasm. If you are considering starting a low carb diet, this book will help you choose the diet that is best for you and prepare you in advance for the known problems most low carb dieters encounter so that you don't become one of the many who do brilliantly on the diet for a few months or even years, only to end up weighing more than you did before you started your diet.
Diet 101 Is Available from Many Online Stores Including:Amazon: Paperback
Barnes and Noble: Paperback
bookdepository.com: Free Paper Back Shipping World Wide
Short ReadsNo time to read the full length book? These two brief e-books focus on problem solving.
Lower Your Blood Sugar: The 30 Minute Guide for People with Diabetes, Prediabetes, and Insulin Resistance
This 30 Minute Kindle Short Read Teaches the Essentials of Blood Sugar Control. A brief e-booklet that costs less than a cup of premium coffee, this short read:
- Explains what causes diabetes.
- Tells you what blood sugar levels cause heart disease and complications.
- Reveals what raises blood sugar.
- Walks you through how to lower your blood sugar using a blood sugar meter and the Test, Test, Test strategy.
- Points out what to do in the rare cases where this strategy doesn't give you normal blood sugars.
Available from:Amazon: Kindle
Low Carb Problems Solved: Say Goodbye to Stalled Weight Loss, Failed Maintenance, and Poor Blood Sugar Control
This 90 minute Short Read Solves the Problems that Make Low Carb Diets Fail This brief 20,000 word book covers the most challenging problems low carb dieters encounter and shows you how to solve each one. It distills the essential facts and strategies drawn from the research we presented in much greater detail in our full-length book, Diet 101: The Truth About Low Carb Diets.
If you already have Diet 101, you don't need this download. But if you are looking for a quick action-focused guide that cuts to the chase and tells you exactly what to do to make your low carb diet workable and bearable, this is the book for you.
Available from:Amazon: Kindle